Updated Demo Reel

Here it is!  The much anticipated update to my lighting demo reel.  Software used: maya, houdini, v-ray, redshift, renderman and nuke.  The bust of Frankenstein's monster was modeled and textured by Carlos Maciel.  Animation clips are from three of my BYU undergrad short film.


Starts out with a couple of my shots from The Shape of Water.  I got to work on the creature, usually his face, eyes and eyelids.  I was called the "Blink Queen" after doing so many for months on end.  Next we have a couple shots from How It Ends.  I did the beach he is walking on, the far background and the pyroclastic event chasing the car.  After that is A Series of Unfortunate Events where I lit everything but the car which is practical.  Tomb Raider was lighting a lot of paint for me.  I also rendered the flying bike replacement.  On The Strain I lit many stingers and also replaced the glass he is "drinking" out of so it could be interactive.  Next are just a couple of the 95 shots from Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.  I lit the creatures and the full CG city.  Following this are some renders from my personal work on studying the lighting of classic Universal monster movies.  The Frankenstein's monster assets was created by Carlos Maciel (a co-worker at Mr. X).  These are given one grade node in Nuke to force me to do as much finessing in camera as possible.  After his lovely visage are a few shots from the BYU group student films Dreamgiver, Estefan and Ramshorn. I lit and rendered every one of these shots as well as composited a few.  Software used were Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Renderman, Mantra, Redshift, V-Ray and Nuke.  I also did some texture and layout touch up for Dreamgiver.

Comments

Popular Posts