Mr X Inc

Hello All,

A year and a half ago I moved to Toronto Canada to work for Mr. X Inc.  mrxfx.com  It has been a blast over here so far.  In this short time span I have worked on 7 projects thus far.  Usually multiple tv shows and a movie at the same time.  It's given me exponential experience and stretched my brain in many new and exciting ways.  While I have lit environments on many of these projects, my specialty has become to light characters.  With this wide array of projects I have now had the opportunity to light zombies, dragons, undead dogs, winged mutant creatures, a humanoid sea creature, vampires, horses, cybernetic prosthetics that glow, train wrecks, post apocalyptic citys, explosions and more.  Now that enough time has passed some of my stuff is finally available to post on here as it has been released!

At Mr. X I have been learning so much about special effects for live action film.  From HDRIs to matching the plate, from follow physics to what artistically looks cool I am learning a ton.  I'm delving deeper into Nuke, Houdini and Maya with each task.  This company is a great place to reach beyond the job description.  I have done a lot of compositing as well as some lookdev development aside from the lighting.  Seeing how these aspects all work together helps me problem solve with more variables at my disposal. My coworkers are amazing at helping each other out we are growing together as a team.  Without them I could not have gotten this far this fast.  Thanks you guys!

Laura

Comments

Popular Posts